So I realized that I took a little break from cooking when Mike’s schedule and my schedule didn’t work out so well for dinner… And continued when I went on a sandwich craze from smelling subs all the time at Jimmy John’s… But over the past two weeks, I got back into cooking! (Aside from the few days I ate chicken noodle soup all day long while I was sick).
First… Bread! I love my breadmaker, but hadn’t used it in awhile. I also don’t know where the instruction manual with all of the suggested recipes is, so I had to search for some.
- Steakhouse Wheat Bread— Good, but got too hard since the recipe only filled up about half of the bread machine! It definitely needs doubled.
- Oatmeal Molasses Bread— SO GOOD. Moist, but stays if kept in the fridge. Good with Nutella for breakfast, or yummy for a sandwich!
For dinner, there were a few new recipes:
- Lemon-Parmesan Broccoli — from this month’s Cooking Light. Delicious, and easy if you just use grated parmesean and lemon juice!
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken— or tofu? This was nice to make because everything is just thrown in a Crock Pot while other tasks get completed! It was a little sweet for my taste, so I’d probably add less of the orange juice concentrate.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Mahi Mahi– made this one up! Poured some Strawberry Champagne vinaigrette salad dressing over two pieces of mahi mahi and then threw on some frozen raspberries and a little bit of salt & pepper. Cooked at 450˚ for 12-15 minutes.
- Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza— Remember, I made this about a month ago? We made the half I froze… with pepperoni and green pepper this time, too!
Who knows what will be on the menu for tomorrow…!