Our weekly date night this week was dinner + a movie… Really good dinner, and really good movie!
We made roasted vegetable and refried bean tostadas.
They are soooo good. And extremely easy to make. Aaaand only take a half hour. Don’t worry- the recipe is below 🙂
We also watched Contagion, which has been on our ‘to watch’ list for awhile now. I heard it was scary, but it totally wasn’t at all! Typical of what would happen if there was a crazy outbreak of a virus. The storyline is great because it follows the epidemiology, clinical trials for the vaccine, and the infected people around the world. It was also a really good length– which is a weird thing to say– but it didn’t stretch everything out or try to jam everything in. So you should go watch it!
Roasted Vegetable and Refried Bean Tostadas
- 1/2 pkg white mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Zest from 1 lime
- Lime juice from 1/2 lime
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 15-oz can refried beans (won’t use the whole thing)
- 1 cup grated colby jack cheese
- Sour cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss vegetables in 2 tbsp olive oil and place in single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with dash of salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven on the top rack for a total of 20-25 minutes, turning the veggies at the 10 minute mark.
- Place the tortillas on a separate baking sheet.
- Spread refried beans and cheese on the tortillas and place in the oven to bake on the middle rack for a total of 5-7 minutes. (I put them in the oven while the vegetables were still roasting).
- Take everything out of the oven, put the veggies on the tortillas, and top with cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and sour cream!