Alright, so we’ve all seen (and tasted and loved) the Betty Crocker cookie brownie bars. They’re amazing. Well, today I was thinking that a peanut butter + chocolate combo would be a fantastic rendition of these brownie bars… So I went to work.
You will need: brownie mix for an 8×8 pan, ingredients for three-ingredient peanut butter cookies, and tiny chocolate PB cups.
Make the brownies, spread in a pan. Make the cookies, drop on top.
Yeah, they look kind of awkward. But you’re gonna bake them for 10 minutes, use a fork to mix them together a little more, then bake another 10 minutes!
Then you take them out and smell them and instantly relax a little bit. And kind of wish that this was a scent for an air freshener.
Then you test them out on your husband and eat them and live happily ever after. The end.
- Box of brownie mix for 8×8 pan + whatever goes into that (I used Trader Joe’s Brownie Truffle Making Mix – it had chocolate chips in it, so I’d recommend adding 1/2 cup choc chips if they’re not in your mix!)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate peanut butter cups (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 9×13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Make brownies according to instructions (add chocolate chips if necessary), then spread in the pan with a spatula. It will be a very thin layer!
- Make the three-ingredient peanut butter cookies: Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg.
- Stir mini chocolate peanut butter cups into the peanut butter cookie mix.
- Drop the cookie mix in blobs onto the brownies – it doesn’t look so great, but that’s okay for now!
- Bake for 10 minutes, then take them out and use a fork to blend the cookie mix in better. Since it’s not fully cooked, this should be pretty easy – just scrape the surface.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, take out, let cool, and EAT! Mmmmm.